Great American Pumpkin 2018
Time & Location
About The Event
The Great American Pumpkin Event is presented by Wasatch Pony Club Volunteers
Dressage Judges: Bonnie East & Darrell Brown
Saturday, September 8th, 2018 . Golden Spike Event Center, 1000 N. 1200 W., Ogden, UT 84404
Opening date: August 1st Closing date: Entries must be postmarked by Sept 2nd
Emailed entries are accepted; however, an entry is not complete until payment is received. Late entries and changes after closing are charged $25. We will have a waiting list but strongly encourage mailing entries early.
Fees: Entry Fee Per Horse: $90 ($25 late fee after 9/2) / $25 per day per stall
Approximate SJ schooling rounds Friday:
Infield Under the Trees
Beginner Novice: 4:00-5:15
Novice: 5:15-6:15 PM
Training: 6:15-6:30 PM
Intro: 4:30-6:00 PM
Approximate Ride Times Saturday:
- Dressage 8:00 am
- Stadium 8:30 am
- Cross-Country 2:00 pm
Jr. Intro: Dressage Test 2015 USDF Intro A . Stadium 2' . Cross Country - 2' not timed.
Sr. Intro: Dressage Test 2015 USDF Intro A . Stadium 2' . Cross Country - 2' not timed.
Jr. Beginner Novice: USEF 2018 Beg Novice Test A . 2'7" . Cross Country - 2'7" 325-400 mpm
Sr. Beginner Novice: USEF 2018 Beg Novice Test A . 2'7" . Cross Country - 2'7" 325-400 mpm
Jr. Novice: USEF 2018 Novice Test A . 2'11" . Cross Country - 2'11" 350-400 mpm
Sr. Novice: USEF 2018 Novice Test A . 2'11" . Cross Country - 2'11" 350-400 mpm
Open Training: USEF 2018 Training Test A . 3'3" . Cross Country - 3'3" 400-470 mpm
- Competitors are required to provide and use their own reusable competition pinny.
- The Pumpkin Event is limited to 100 horses. Minimum of 3 riders required per division.
- Please ride cautiously and be aware of other riders & volunteers on foot.
- Cross-Country schooling is NOT permitted on Friday and Saturday, September 7th-8th.
- Schooling jumper rounds will be available Friday afternoon, approximately 4PM.
- Schooling in the dressage and stadium arenas is strictly prohibited.
- Posted ride times will be adhered to. You will ride in order of your assigned number within your division.
- Dressage tests for Introductory entries are available on the USDF website at http://www.usdf.org (Competition/Dressage Tests). Dressage tests for all other competitors are available on the USEA website at http://useventing.com/competitions/dressage.
- Ride times will be posted on http://www.startboxscoring.com/showcalendar.php.
- Stabling will be assigned. If you would like to be stabled with your trainer, please indicate on the entry form. We cannot guarantee stabling preferences will be honored, but we will try our best.
- Please, unless handicapped, NO parking in the infield.
- For electric Plug Ins, please contact Weber County personnel.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- Approved and properly fastened ASTM/SEI helmets and boots with a discernible heel must be worn at all time while mounted.
- The organizers and/or WPC reserve the right to cancel any class or event, divide any class and refuse entry for any reason.
- State of Utah requires a negative Coggins test issued within 6 months and a health certificate issued within 10 days for horses coming from out of state.
- State of Utah also requires a brand inspection for horses traveling within the state.
Participants are aware of the inherent risk involved in any equestrian activity and of the Utah Equine Liability Act. By submitting an entry, participants hereby release Weber County Fairgrounds, Wasatch Pony Club, United States Pony Clubs, Event Officials, volunteers and/or owners from any claim or right to damages that may occur to participants or to their horse(s) at this equestrian event. Participants further indemnify WPC and/or Golden Spike against any hurt, loss or damage.
Questions? Volunteering? Please contact Carla Parish E-mail: email@example.com.
- Late Entry Fee per Horse$117$1170$0
- Late Entry Dressage Only Test$67$670$0
- Stall Fee - Competitor - 1 day$25$250$0
- Stall Fee - Non-Compete. 1-day$30$300$0
- Schooling Rounds$10$100$0
- Grounds Fee for Haul-ins$20$200$0
- Change Fee$25$250$0
- WPC Member Only - Late Fee$67$670$0