Great American Pumpkin 2019
Time & Location
About The Event
Thanks to our wonderful Eventing community, the Pumpkin is FULL! You can still add your name to the wait-list in case we have a spot open. If a spot opens we will contact those on the wait list - first come, first served.
The Great American Pumpkin Event is presented by Wasatch Pony Club Volunteers
Saturday, September 7th, 2019 . Golden Spike Event Center, 1000 N. 1200 W., Ogden, UT 84404
Opening date: August 1st Closing date: Entries must be postmarked by Sept 1st.
Emailed entries are accepted; however, an entry is not complete until payment is received. Entries available here. Late entries and changes after closing are charged $25. We will have a waiting list but strongly encourage entering early.
Fees: Entry Fee Per Horse: $122 ($25 late fee after 9/2) which includes one night of stalling.
Approximate SJ schooling rounds Friday:
Infield Under the Trees
Beginner Novice: 4:00-5:15
Novice: 5:15-6:15 PM
Training: 6:15-6:30 PM
Intro: 4:30-6:00 PM
Approximate Ride Times Saturday:
- Dressage 8:00 am
- Stadium 8:30 am
- Cross-Country 2:00 pm
- Competitors are required to provide and use their own reusable competition pinny.
- The Pumpkin Event is limited to 100 horses. Minimum of 3 riders required per division.
- Please ride cautiously and be aware of other riders & volunteers on foot.
- Cross-Country schooling is NOT permitted on Friday and Saturday, September 6th-7th.
- Schooling jumper rounds will be available Friday afternoon, approximately 4PM.
- Schooling in the dressage and stadium arenas is strictly prohibited.
- Posted ride times will be adhered to. You will ride in order of your assigned number within your division.
- Dressage tests: GH & Intro levels see links below. All other levels are available on the USEA website at https://useventing.com/events-competitions/resources/dressage-tests.
- Grasshopper - USDF Intro test B. https://www.usdf.org/docs/showflash/web/tests/2019/Intro_Test_B.pdf?v=2019
- Introductory level - USDF Intro test C. https://www.usdf.org/docs/showflash/web/tests/2019/Intro_Test_C.pdf?v=2019
- Beginner Novice - USEF 2018 Beg Novice Test B.
- Novice - USEF Novice Test B.
- Open Training - USEF 2018 Training Test B.
- P/T - USEF 2018 Prelim Dressage Test A.
- Ride times will be posted on http://www.startboxscoring.com/showcalendar.php.
- Stabling will be assigned. If you would like to be stabled with your trainer, please indicate on the entry form. We cannot guarantee stabling preferences will be honored, but we will try our best.
- Please, unless handicapped, NO parking in the infield.
- For electric Plug Ins, please contact Weber County personnel.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- Approved and properly fastened ASTM/SEI helmets and boots with a discernible heel must be worn at all time while mounted.
- The organizers and/or WPC reserve the right to cancel any class or event, divide any class and refuse entry for any reason.
- State of Utah requires a negative Coggins test issued within 6 months and a health certificate issued within 10 days for horses coming from out of state.
- State of Utah also requires a brand inspection for horses traveling within the state.
Participants are aware of the inherent risk involved in any equestrian activity and of the Utah Equine Liability Act. By submitting an entry, participants hereby release Weber County Fairgrounds, Wasatch Pony Club, United States Pony Clubs, Event Officials, volunteers and/or owners from any claim or right to damages that may occur to participants or to their horse(s) at this equestrian event, and agree to the USPC Waiver of Liability: https://www.ponyclub.org/ContentDocs/GeneralAdmin/2019%20Non%20Mbr%20Waiver.pdf
Questions? Volunteering? Please contact Carla Parish E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait list$0$00$0
- Stall Fee - Additional Nights$25$250$0
- Schooling Rounds$10$100$0
- Grounds Fee for Haul-ins$20$200$0
- Change Fee$25$250$0