Sat, Jul 20|
Golden Spike Event Center
Spring Chicken Event 2019 (1)
Calling all Spring Chickens ready to leave the roost and fly over some jumps!
Time & Location
Jul 20, 2019, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Golden Spike Event Center, 1000N 1200 W St, Ogden, UT 84404, USA
About The Event
The Spring Chicken Event is one of the most beloved Eventing opportunities in Utah. Full registration includes Dressage, Stadium Jumping and Cross-Country jumping competitions. We are also offering a Dressage-only option. The Spring Chicken Event will sell out, so mail your entries in early! We will have a waiting list for entries received after we reach capacity. Entries received after the closing date (5/18/19) MAY be accepted with a $25 late fee, if space is available.
Approximate Ride Times Saturday:
- Dressage 8:00 am
- Stadium 8:30 am
- Cross-Country 2:00 pm
- Competitors are required to provide and use their own reusable competition pinny.
- The Spring Chicken Event is limited to 110 horses. Minimum of 3 riders required per division.
- Please ride cautiously and be aware of other riders & volunteers on foot.
- Cross-Country schooling is NOT permitted on Friday and Saturday, May 24-25th.
- Schooling jumper rounds will be available Friday afternoon, approximately 4 PM.
- Schooling in the dressage and stadium arenas is strictly prohibited.
- Posted ride times will be adhered to. You will ride in order of your assigned number within your division.
- Dressage tests and jumping heights/times are posted here. Dressage tests for Introductory entries are available on the USDF website at http://www.usdf.org (Competition/Dressage Tests). Dressage tests for all other competitors are available on the USEA website at http://useventing.com/competitions/dressage.
- Ride times and/or results will be posted on WREA’s Facebook page and website (www.wreautah.com), at Wasatch Pony Club's website (www.wasatchponyclub.com), and http://www.startboxscoring.com/showcalendar.php.
- Stabling will be assigned. If you would like to be stabled with your trainer, please indicate on the entry form. We cannot guarantee stabling preferences will be honored, but we will try our best.
- Please, unless handicapped, NO parking in the infield.
- Full RV/Trailer Hookups will be available this year for Wasatch Pony Club events. There will be no electrical hookups in Barn A this year. Spots are $30.00 per night and include water, power and sewer. To reserve your spot call Katie Williams at (801) 778-6404 or email Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations are non-refundable and must be paid when booked. Day-of reservations will be limited or unavailable due to other events happening at the facility so book early!
- Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- Approved and properly fastened ASTM/SEI helmets and boots with a discernible heel must be worn at all time while mounted.
- The organizers and/or WPC reserve the right to cancel any class or event, divide or combine any class and refuse entry for any reason.
- State of Utah requires a negative Coggins test issued within 6 months and a health certificate issued within 10 days for horses coming from out of state.
- State of Utah also requires a brand inspection for horses traveling within the state.
- Please practice appropriate biosecurity measures including monitoring for signs of fever, disinfecting stalls and tack, no nose-to-nose equine contact or sharing water buckets and/or tack. Do not bring a horse showing evidence of illness.
Participants are aware of the inherent risk involved in any equestrian activity and of the Utah Equine Liability Act. By submitting an entry, participants hereby release Weber County Fairgrounds, Wasatch Pony Club, United States Pony Clubs, Event Officials, volunteers and/or owners from any claim or right to damages that may occur to participants and/or to their horse(s) at this equestrian event. Participants further indemnify WPC and/or Golden Spike against any hurt, loss or damage.
Questions? Volunteering? Please contact Carla Parish E-mail: email@example.com.