Spring Chicken Event 2021
Time & Location
About The Event
Our Spring Chicken Event has SOLD OUT thanks to the continued support of our Eventing Community. The wait list will be utilized on a first come first served basis.
Dreaming of fresh air and freedom? Sign up for WPC's Spring Chicken Event and look forward to spreading your wings May 22, 2021. RISK-FREE REGISTRATION: if the event is cancelled we refund your registration payment minus $10 administration fee. Full registration includes Dressage, Stadium Jumping and Cross-Country jumping competitions. We are also offering a Dressage-only option. We will have a waiting list for entries when the Chicken Event sells out. Entries received after the closing date (May 14) MAY be accepted with a $25 late fee, if space is available.
See full details by clicking "READ MORE" below,
Approximate Ride Times Saturday:
- Dressage 8:00 am
- Stadium 8:30 am
- Cross-Country 2:00 pm
- COVID19 Protocol must be followed.
- Competitors are required to provide and use their own reusable competition pinny.
- The Chicken Event is limited to 120 horses. Minimum of 3 riders required per division.
- Please ride cautiously and be aware of other riders & volunteers on foot.
- Cross-Country schooling is NOT permitted on Friday and Saturday, May 21 and 22.
- Schooling jumper rounds will be available Friday afternoon, approximately 4PM. Schooling rounds are $15 each pre-paid; $20 day-of. Credit cards accepted in advance via paypal; cash only on site.
- Posted ride times will be adhered to. You will ride in order of your assigned number within your division. Show Jumping times are a window. When show jumping is a window, the next division will not be delayed due to late riders.
- Dressage tests and jumping heights/times are posted here. Dressage tests for Grasshopper and Introductory entries are available on the USDF website at http://www.usdf.org (Competition/Dressage Tests). Dressage tests for all other competitors are available on the USEA website at http://useventing.com/competitions/dressage.
- Ride times will be posted on http://www.startboxscoring.com/showcalendar.php at least 12 hours prior to start.
- Stabling will be assigned. If you would like to be stabled with your trainer, please indicate on the entry form. We cannot guarantee stabling preferences will be honored, but we will try our best.
- Please, unless handicapped, NO parking in the infield.
- Approved and properly fastened ASTM/SEI helmets and boots with a discernible heel must be worn at all times while mounted.
- Schooling in the dressage and stadium arenas is strictly prohibited, and anyone doing so will be disqualified from prizes/ribbons.
- Exibitors and/or their trainers/associates who move jumps or signage will be disqualified from prizes/ribbons.
- The organizers and/or WPC reserve the right to cancel any class or event, divide any class and refuse entry for any reason.
- State of Utah requires a negative Coggins test issued within 6 months and a health certificate issued within 10 days for horses coming from out of state.
- State of Utah requires a brand inspection for horses traveling within the state.
- Full RV/Trailer hookups are available for Wasatch Pony Club events. Full RV spots are $40.00 per night and include water, power and sewer. Reservations are non-refundable and must be paid when booked. Expect social distancing. RV registration is through WPC this year instead of Golden Spike. All full RV spots must be filled before Golden Spike will allow connections to Barn A. Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- If the event is cancelled WPC will refund registration payment minus $10 administration fee. RV fees are non-refundable.
Participants are aware of the inherent risk involved in any equestrian activity and of the Utah Equine Liability Act. By submitting an entry, participants hereby release Weber County Fairgrounds, Wasatch Pony Club, United States Pony Clubs, Event Officials, volunteers and/or owners from any claim or right to damages that may occur to participants or to their horse(s) at this equestrian event, including illness or infection, and agree to the USPC Waiver of Liability.
Questions? Volunteering? Please contact Kim Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait List$0$00$0
- Grounds Fee for Haul-ins$30$300$0
- Stall Fee - Additional Day$30$300$0
- Stall Fee - 2 day/1 night$60$600$0
- SJ Schooling Rounds Friday PM$15$150$0
- Change Fee$25$250$0
- RV Full Hook Ups (24 hours)$40$400$0