Sat, May 14|
Golden Spike Event Center
Spring Chicken Event 2022
UPDATE: THE CHICKEN EVENT IS FULL. PLEASE COMPLETE A WAITLIST REGISTRATION AND WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IF A SPOT BECOMES AVAILABLE. Come spread your wings at the Spring Chicken Event and support our Wasatch Pony Club fundraiser!
Time & Location
May 14, 2022, 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Golden Spike Event Center, 1000 S 1200 W St, Ogden, UT 84404, USA
About The Event
Come fly with us at the Spring Chicken May 14th!
Full registration includes Dressage, Stadium Jumping, and Cross-Country jumping competitions.
We are also offering a Dressage-only option. We will have a waiting list for entries when the Chicken Event sells out. Entries received after the closing date (May 8th) MAY be accepted with a $25 late fee, if space is available.
SEE FULL DETAILS BY CLICKING "READ MORE" BELOW.
Approximate Ride Times Saturday:
- Dressage 8:00 am
- Stadium 8:30 am
- Cross-Country 2:00 pm
- COVID19 Protocol must be followed.
- Competitors are required to provide and use their own reusable competition pinny.
- The Chicken Event is limited to 120 horses. Minimum of 3 riders required per division.
- Please ride cautiously and be aware of other riders & volunteers on foot.
- Cross-Country schooling is NOT permitted on Friday and Saturday, May 13 and 14.
- Schooling jumper rounds will be available Friday afternoon, approximately 4PM. Schooling rounds are $15 each pre-paid; $20 day-of. Credit cards accepted in advance via paypal; cash only on site.
- Posted ride times for dressage and cross-sountry will be adhered to. You will ride in order of your assigned number within your division.
- Show Jumping times are a window. When show jumping is a window, the next division will not be delayed due to late riders.
- Dressage tests for our schooling shows this year are the USEF 2022 Test A for BN, Novice, Training, and Prelim.
- Click on our Blog page to find a chart with dressage tests and the link to the USEF site.
- Grasshopper - USEF 2022 Starter Test.
- Intro - USEF 2022 BN Test A.
- Ride times will be posted on http://www.startboxscoring.com/showcalendar.php at least 12 hours prior to start.
- Stabling will be assigned. If you would like to be stabled with your trainer, please indicate on the entry form. We cannot guarantee stabling preferences will be honored, but we will try our best.
- One bag of shavings will be provided with the stall rental. Additional can be purchased on site or bring your own.
- Straw is not permitted in GSEC stalls.
- Please, unless handicapped, NO parking in the infield.
- Approved and properly fastened ASTM/SEI helmets and boots with a discernible heel must be worn at all times while mounted.
- Schooling in the dressage and stadium arenas is strictly prohibited. Anyone doing so will be disqualified from prizes/ribbons.
- Exibitors and/or their trainers/associates who move jumps or signage will be disqualified from prizes/ribbons.
- The organizers and/or WPC reserve the right to cancel any class or event, divide any class, and refuse entry for any reason.
- The State of Utah requires: a negative Coggins test issued within 6 months, a health certificate issued within 10 days for horses coming from out of state, and a brand inspection for horses traveling within the state.
- Practice social distances for horses too!
- Any horses impacted by the EVH-1 outbreak must complete the return to competition declaration and testing protocol as required by USEF.
- Full RV/Trailer hookups are available for Wasatch Pony Club events. Full RV spots are $40.00 per night and include water, power and sewer. Reservations are non-refundable and must be paid when booked. Expect social distancing. RV registration is through WPC this year instead of GSEC. Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- If the event is cancelled WPC will refund registration payment minus $10 administration fee. RV fees are non-refundable.
Participants are aware of the inherent risk involved in any equestrian activity and of the Utah Equine Liability Act. By submitting an entry, participants hereby release Weber County Fairgrounds, Wasatch Pony Club, United States Pony Clubs, Event Officials, volunteers and/or owners from any claim or right to damages that may occur to participants or to their horse(s) at this equestrian event, including illness or infection, and agree to the USPC Waiver of Liability.
For questions about entries please email Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about volunteering or general show questions please contact Kim Johnson at email@example.com.
If we have a cancellation we will pull from this list to fill any open spots. Please list any Pony Club affiliations.
Grounds Fee for Haul-ins Only
Required for those not using a stall. NOT required if you have a stall. Charged per trailer and not per horse.
Dressage Only Test
Bring a copy of the test you will ride. Get feedback from our amazing dressage judges! $40 entry plus $2 online convenience fee. No stalls included in this rate. Haul-in fee required if not stalling.
Stall Fee - Additional Day
Entries include two day (one night) stall fee. This is for any additional days. Stalls are charged every day the stall is open. Multiply per horse per day used. No grounds fee required if you are paying for a stall.
Stall Fee - non-compete/tack
Stall fee, non-compete horse, dressage only or tack stall. 2-day/1-night minimum (Friday-Saturday). Stalls are charged every day the stall is open. Add additional days separately if needed.
SJ Schooling Rounds Friday PM
$15 per round pre-paid. $20 per round day of. Please print or show e-receipt as your ticket to schooling round.
Fee to make changes to completed entry.
RV Full Hook Ups (24 hours)
24 hour period. Multiply per 24-hour period of your stay. If you stay past the 24 hour timeframe Golden Spike will charge Pony Club. RV's have full hookups - water, power, and sewer. 30 and 50 amp hookups and Pull-through sites available. RV Sites are limited and assigned. Fees are not refundable.