The Pumpkin Event - 2020
Time & Location
About The Event
The event is full! Thank you for supporting the eventing community and Wasatch Pony Club! We've left the registration page open so extra fees, such as stalls and schooling rounds can be paid through our site. See you at the event!
The Pumpkin Event is presented by Wasatch Pony Club Volunteers
Saturday, August 29, 2020 . Golden Spike Event Center, 1000 N. 1200 W., Ogden, UT 84404
RISK-FREE REGISTRATION: if the event is cancelled we refund your registration payment minus $15 administration fee. Full registration includes Dressage, Show Jumping and Cross-Country jumping competitions. We are also offering a Dressage-only option. We will have a wait list for entries when the Pumpkin Event sells out. Entries received after the closing date MAY be accepted with a $25 late fee, if space is available.
See full details by clicking "READ MORE" below,
Opening date: July 17th Closing date: Entries must be postmarked by August 21st.
Late entries and changes after closing are charged $25. We will have a waiting list and strongly encourage entering early.
Fees: Entry Fee Per Horse: $122 ($25 late fee after 8/21) which includes one night of stalling and initial shavings.
Approximate SJ schooling rounds Friday:
Infield Under the Trees
Beginner Novice: 4:00-5:15
Novice: 5:15-6:15 PM
Training: 6:15-6:30 PM
Intro: 4:30-6:00 PM
Approximate Ride Times Saturday:
- Dressage 8:00 am
- Stadium 8:30 am
- Cross-Country 2:00 pm
- COVID19 Protocol will be in place including social distancing, increased sanitation/hand washing, and mask wearing when unmounted and within 6 feet of others.
- Competitors are required to provide and use their own reusable competition pinny.
- The Pumpkin Event is limited to 120 horses. Minimum of 3 riders required per division.
- Please ride cautiously and be aware of other riders & volunteers on foot.
- Cross-Country schooling is NOT permitted on Friday and Saturday, August 28th & 29th.
- Schooling jumper rounds will be available Friday afternoon, approximately 4PM. Schooling rounds are $10 each. Credit cards accepted in advance via paypal; cash only on site.
- Posted ride times will be adhered to for Dressage and Cross Country. Show Jumping times are a window. When show jumping is a window, the next division will not be delayed due to late riders.
- Dressage tests: GH & Intro levels see links below. All other levels are available on the USEA website at https://useventing.com/events-competitions/resources/dressage-tests.
- Grasshopper - USDF Intro test A. https://www.usdf.org/docs/showflash/web/tests/2019/Intro_Test_A.pdf?v=2019
- Introductory level - USDF Intro test B. https://www.usdf.org/docs/showflash/web/tests/2019/Intro_Test_B.pdf?v=2019
- Beginner Novice - USEF 2018 Beg Novice Test B.
- Novice - USEF Novice Test B.
- Open Training - USEF 2018 Training Test B.
- P/T - USEF 2018 Prelim Dressage Test A.
- Stadium Jumping & Cross Country jump heights:
Beginner Novice: 2'7"
- Ride times will be posted on http://www.startboxscoring.com/showcalendar.php.
- Stabling will be assigned. If you would like to be stabled with your trainer, please indicate on the entry form. We cannot guarantee stabling preferences will be honored, but we will try our best.
- Please, unless handicapped, NO parking in the infield.
- Full RV/Trailer Hookups will be available for Wasatch Pony Club events. Spots are $30.00 per night and include water, power and sewer, payable to Weber County. To reserve your spot email Kelsee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations are non-refundable and must be paid when booked. Expect social distancing to be enforced.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- Approved and properly fastened ASTM/SEI helmets and boots with a discernible heel must be worn at all times while mounted.
- Schooling in the dressage and stadium arenas is strictly prohibited, and anyone doing so will be disqualified from prizes/ribbons.
- Exibitors who move jumps or signage will be disqualified from prizes/ribbons.
- The organizers and/or WPC reserve the right to cancel any class or event, divide any class and refuse entry for any reason.
- State of Utah requires a negative Coggins test issued within 6 months and a health certificate issued within 10 days for horses coming from out of state.
- State of Utah also requires a brand inspection for horses traveling within the state.
- If the event is cancelled we will refund registration payment minus $15 administration fee.
Participants are aware of the inherent risk involved in any equestrian activity and of the Utah Equine Liability Act. By submitting an entry, participants hereby release Weber County Fairgrounds, Wasatch Pony Club, United States Pony Clubs, Event Officials, volunteers and/or owners from any claim or right to damages that may occur to participants or to their horse(s) at this equestrian event, including illness or infection, and agree to the USPC Waiver of Liability: https://www.ponyclub.org/ContentDocs/GeneralAdmin/2019%20Non%20Mbr%20Waiver.pdf
Questions? Volunteering? Please contact Kim Johnson at email@example.com.
- Sold OutEvent Fee + 1 night stall$122$1220$0
- Dressage Only Test$42$420$0
- Stall Fee - Non-Compete. 1-day$30$300$0
- Stall Fee - Additional Nights$25$250$0
- Schooling Rounds$10$100$0
- Event Fee - NO STALL$102$1020$0
- Grounds Fee for Haul-ins$20$200$0
- WPC Member-Only Additional Fee$42$420$0
- Wait list$0$00$0
- Change Fee$25$250$0